When Jesus taught his disciples about God’s heavenly kingdom, he brought children into their midst, saying, “Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.”
We believe that children have an important place among us at worship. They are encouraged to participate and serve in worship by assisting with Holy Communion, lighting the altar candles, greeting worshipers, reading Bible lessons, playing music or singing, and bringing food (collected for the local food pantry) to the altar.
- A children’s sermon is given at each service
- Children’s Church is offered, for those who wish to attend, during the adult sermon each Sunday morning
- Worship Bags with children’s books/art supplies, are available during services
- Sunday School is held at 9:15 a.m. for all ages
- Vacation Bible School is offered in the Summer
We also offer the following for the youth of our church:
- Confirmation Classes and dinner for Middle School youth is offered two Sunday evenings each month from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. The youth learn about their faith, and affirm the promises made at their Baptism
- First Communion Classes give instruction to Elementary age children about receiving Holy Communion
- Service projects, trips, and fun activities are planned for Middle and High School youth through CONNECT, which also includes youth from churches within the Roseburg area.
- Wednesdays Together – Food, worship, and activities on Wednesday evenings during the Lenten Season, for members, families, and friends
- Inter-generational Mission Trips
Sunday School classes are available for children ages 3 years through 12 grades Classes start at 9:15 a.m.
Lessons are taught to develop Good Worship Skills
Youth Breakfast provided by Members for 6th through 12th Grades Venue: Fellowship Kitchen Time: 9:15 a.m. through 9:45 a.m.
Children’s Church is provided during the 10:30 a.m. service after the Children’s Sermon. Rebecca Moore leads children’s church and also special projects for the Holidays.
CONNECT (Faith Lutheran Youth, and youth from other churches in the community, Grades 7 through 12)
Activities involve fundraising for Casa de Belen and other Outreach Projects